Lonely But Never Alone

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20b

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

I'm a new wife and young professional who is intrigued by people and in awe of the Creator.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Things that make you go hmmm

This isn't a normal kind of post for me, but I found some things on the web that don't sit quite right with me. I thought I'd share them with you:

Apparently Clay Aiken is becoming a politician (?) He is possibly going to be named to the President's committee for people with intellectual disabilities. So he was a YMCA counselor and that makes him eligible to become an advisor to the president?? Maybe I should sign up since I have worked with many a people who have "intellectual disabilities." Click here if you don't believe me.

At the Toronto Film Festival that's coming up, a docudrama entitled "Death of a President" will be shown. A filmmaker from the UK created this TV miniseries in which President Bush is shown being assassinated by a Syrian man. He apparently wrote and produced this to show the possible effects of war on the US. What a way to make a statement, huh? I'm not so sure about this but it might be just a little disrespectful and wrong. He actually transposed President Bush's face over the actor's in the film. Click here for more info. Oh, and the Toronto Film Festival website has issued a statement after the flack that it has obviously received for showing such a film.

As many of you may know, the Crocodile Hunter died tragically after being stung by a poisonous sting-ray in the chest. He was filming a documentary when this happened so it is all on film. I saw an article this morning that there is a possibility this footage might be released publically if the family gives permission. Why in the world would anyone ever give permission for footage showing your husband's/father's/son's, etc. death to public gawkers? That is so wrong! Have we become such a culture of consumerism that we have forgotten the value and sanctity of life? Even if he was an entertainer, have some respect. Come on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home