Lonely But Never Alone

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20b

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

I'm a new wife and young professional who is intrigued by people and in awe of the Creator.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"When it's time to change...

...you've got to rearrange..."

Sorry about my Brady Bunch moment there. Thought I'd say hello again. I am graduated, married off, returned from Greece, and now I'm employed. Now you know the reason for my title of this post. I have decided to undergo as many life changes within a month's time as possible. I am like a new person. Convenient that I just finished reading All New People by Anne Lamott.

First off, the wedding went amazingly. It was so perfect and we both agree we don't think we've ever smiled as much as we did on that day. We had so many wonderful friends and family there that helped us out and took part in our celebration. Thank you to all of you...you know who you are. And my beautiful mother was able to be there (after only a small scare in the ER the morning they were supposed to be leaving to come here). I was just utterly blown away to step back and think about all the time that was spent agonizing and worrying about the details of the day and whether or not my mom would be alive, let alone be able to come. And then I'm standing there and I realize that everything has been perfectly weaved together...that there is One who has gone before us and smoothed out everything in order for us to all celebrate and bask in His blessings. I have always thought that I'd be weepy at my wedding, but I was at a place of joy even beyond tears.

Here is one of many wedding pics



And one of me with Mom before the ceremony

And then Greece was absolutely beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon. We have some funny stories but I don't think that any hold a candle to us running through the JFK airport desperately trying to get to our gate on time and my pants falling down in the process. But seriously, we spent the first day in Athens exploring the Acropolis and the parts of the city that were between our hotel and the Acropolis. Then the next morning we took a three-hour high speed boat ride to the island of Sifnos where we spent seven days and nights. Athens was dirty and fast-paced but the island was scenic, vibrant, and laid-back. We happened to be there during what is still technically their low-season which played to our advantage. We tried out a lot of restaurants (eating is a big deal in Greece), did a bit of hiking, spent time relaxing at the beach, and also explored the villages and took lots of pictures. It was the perfect combination of relaxing and being active. I still can't get over how beautiful everything is there. It's like being in a magazine where everything is perfectly designed and laid-out. Here is my favorite image captured while in Greece:


So since we've gotten back we've accomplished quite a lot. I have all the gifts put away and the house mostly cleaned up and decorated. If you know me, you know that I take great pleasure in this task of decorating and nesting. I'm like a kid in a candyshop with all the new stuff and a house to put it all in. I have also found full-time employment at a local private psychiatric and chemical dependency treatment center. On Monday I filled out my application, interviewed, was hired, filled out all the necessary employment records, and took the drug test. It happened suddenly and quite easily. What a pleasant surprise!! A couple of months ago I thought I was not going to be working in the field immediately because I was pretty burned out. Turns out all I needed was to be whisked away to Greece for a vacation and now I'm rearin' to go.

We've also watched the entire first seasons of Lost and The Office. We're making headway on the second seasons of each too. I am so beyond addicted to Lost. But I'm a little behind everyone so no one talk to me about it or I'll get really upset. Oh, and we've caught two mice. Long story. I had no idea I was marrying a man with fierce mouse-hunting warrior skills. Pretty sweet, huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

"Fierce mouse-hunting warrior skills".... I'm pretty sure that was on the relationship resume. I'm double-checking right now.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Herschel said...

may i just say that the fact that you are joining the ranks of office fans makes me appreciative that there are more people in the world with good taste

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home