Lonely But Never Alone

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20b

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

I'm a new wife and young professional who is intrigued by people and in awe of the Creator.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Toto, we're not in Wilmore anymore...

I am all moved into the new place. I will tell you I'm thrilled to be out of the Christian bubble! Many things have been eye-opening since living there. My neighbor the other day just stared at me blankly when I said hi to him and then he told his little weiner dog to sick me! It has been a big adjustment for me to be living in a place where I don't necessarily trust everyone I see. Not that I necessarily trusted everyone in Wilmore either, ya know. Perhaps the timing was a little weird. I've been dealing with identity theft over the last month and so I'm a bit more distrustful than ever and always seem to be on my guard. I feel kinda easily freaked out and vulnerable. Let's just say I've been locking my doors behind me religiously. Being in a strage place by myself has only exacerbated these fears, etc. I'm working on how to muster up the courage to start interacting with people in the neighborhood (the ones that I didn't already knowbefore moving in). This may take a while...

On another note, I am slowly wrapping things up with school. I attended my last UK class last night and only have a few more projects to do for my other classes. I have taken the big dreaded National Counselor's Examination and the counseling program's exit exam. I don't know what to do with all the time I've spent studying for those over the last four months. I can't believe I'm graduating in three weeks! Yikes! Gotta figure out what I'm doing after this....any ideas? Anybody have any jobs available?

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie JS said...

glad the weiner dog didn't get you. Did the neighbor mean that as a joke?

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you from experience, it wouldn't have been that hard to fight off.w

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

What....a weiner dog?

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home