Lonely But Never Alone

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20b

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

I'm a new wife and young professional who is intrigued by people and in awe of the Creator.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Greetings from Home

Peter and I have been in Indiana for a week now to be with Mom. After over a month, she is still in ICU and still in critical condition. These have been trying days to say the least. Nonetheless, it has been good to be home and among family. It's instances in our lives like these that remind us just how important family is. I'm working to keep faith alive and not to be too affected emotionally by her up and down progress. However, I understand that I am afterall human, and it is very difficult not to be on an emotionally charged roller coaster with good the good days and bad days. God created us all with emotions and limits of time, and that is how we respond. We respond to the circumstances around us (especially when those circumstances involve someone you are so intimately connected with) with a helpless vulnerability.

If you are interested in keeping up to date with Mom's progress, my dad has put together a blog called How's Barbara Doing? in order to post updates. My dad has been posting and maybe someday I will post or maybe my aunt Stephanie too. Peter and I are here for now, but I think we might be trying to slip away to have Christmas with his family in Oklahoma for a few days. No doubt, it will be hard to leave but we leave with every intention of being back soon to see her and the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home