Lonely But Never Alone

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20b

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

I'm a new wife and young professional who is intrigued by people and in awe of the Creator.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Family Ties

Last weekend Peter and I went to visit my family (see picture to the left). This trip was a big one. Peter discussed some things with my Dad that have made him a bit more a part of the family than before. I am feeling pretty good about that...actually it is awesome! I remember a time in my life when I thought there would never be any man on this earth that would fit into my small quirky little family. But those days are over. And it is a wonderful fit.

Someone at church on Sunday was a little confused though, as she shouted something at my dad from the congregation about his son-in-law. And I am an only child, yes, an only child. That made for an embarassing moment. Faces turned red. Awkward glances abounded. That's the beauty of being a pastor's daughter in a church in a place where I don't live. People speculate and assume things at first glance. And then someone gets embarassed...namely me (and now Peter too). But looking back it was kinda funny.

Something else big happened in my life this week. I had an interview with The Ridge on Friday. It's a behavioral health inpatient facility. And they want me to do an internship with them this summer doing intake interviews and assessment. They're actually trusting me to decide whether or not patients should be admitted for treatment. I am a little bit intimidated, but I think I'll love it once I get past the anxiety of being in a room with suicidal clients all day. And it will be really good experience. I am just relieved to have some definite plans for the summer and seeing a bit more clearly the end and fulfillment of my degree plan.

On a lighter note, I went roller skating for the first time in probably 10 years on Saturday night. And I've still got it. Whatever "it" is.

I should probably get back to reading. I goofed off a bit too much this weekend. Here's a little list of things I'm reading. I know you're jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home